Car insurance is a vital yet often complex aspect of owning a vehicle in Malaysia. It’s not just about complying with the law; it’s a safeguard for your financial well-being and peace of mind. In this guide, we’ll decode the intricacies of car insurance in Malaysia, exploring the offerings of Liberty Car Insurance and Insurans Kereta Etiqa. Additionally, we’ll delve into the process of renewing your road tax with One Motoring.
Car Insurance in Malaysia Unveiled
Car insurance, commonly referred to as motor insurance, is a contract between the vehicle owner (policyholder) and the insurer. Its primary function is to provide financial protection in case of accidents, theft, or damage to the insured vehicle. In Malaysia, having valid car insurance is not just a choice; it’s a legal requirement. Driving without proper insurance can lead to severe penalties, including fines and imprisonment.
In Malaysia, there are primarily three types of car insurance:
- Comprehensive Insurance: This is the most extensive coverage you can get, encompassing damage to your vehicle, third-party liabilities, and protection against theft.
- Third Party, Fire, and Theft (TPFT): TPFT covers third-party liabilities, fire damage, and theft.
- Third-Party Insurance: This is the minimum legal requirement and only covers third-party liabilities.
Liberty Car Insurance: A Closer Look
Liberty Insurance Berhad is a prominent name in Malaysia’s insurance landscape. Here’s why you might consider Liberty Car Insurance:
- Wide-Ranging Coverage: Liberty Car Insurance offers comprehensive coverage, ensuring you’re protected in various scenarios.
- 24/7 Assistance: Emergencies can happen at any time, and Liberty provides round-the-clock assistance to its policyholders.
- Value-Added Benefits: Liberty offers various add-ons like windscreen protection and personal accident coverage to enhance your policy.
Insurans Kereta Etiqa: An Overview
Etiqa General Takaful Berhad is a key player in the Malaysian insurance industry. Here’s what sets Insurans Kereta Etiqa apart:
- No-Claim Discount (NCD) Protector: Insurans Kereta Etiqa offers an NCD protector, allowing you to make one own-damage claim without losing your NCD.
- Effortless Claims: Insurans Kereta Etiqa prides itself on a hassle-free and efficient claims process, ensuring you get the support you need promptly.
- Coverage Customization: Tailor your policy with add-ons such as special perils protection and legal liability to passengers.
Road Tax Renewal Simplified with One Motoring
Road tax, known as cukai jalan, is a compulsory tax in Malaysia imposed on vehicle owners. The revenue collected from road tax contributes to road maintenance and infrastructure development.
Renewing your road tax in Malaysia is a straightforward process, and One Motoring simplifies it further. Here’s how you can renew your road tax with ease:
- Online Platform: Visit the One Motoring website or use their app to access their online services.
- Required Documents: You will need your vehicle’s certificate of insurance, your vehicle log card, and other essential documents.
- Enter Details: Provide the necessary information, including your vehicle number and the period for which you wish to renew your road tax.
- Payment: Pay the required road tax amount online, and you’re done.
One Motoring renew road tax will process your renewal and send you a notification when your new road tax disc is ready for collection.
Car insurance and road tax are inextricable from the life of any vehicle owner in Malaysia. While Liberty Car Insurance and Insurans Kereta Etiqa are standout options, exploring further and understanding your specific needs is essential. Utilizing the convenient platform of One Motoring for road tax renewal streamlines the process and ensures you’re always on the right side of the law. Take your time to navigate the nuances, make informed decisions, and safeguard your journeys on the Malaysian roads.